Here is some analysis that we’ve done related to how stats/equipment relations should be achieved:
STR/PDMG : War > Hun > Pal > Wiz
INT/MDMG : Wiz > Pal > Hun > War
STA / HP : War > Pal > Hun > Wiz (Not happening now)
WIS / MP : Wiz > Pal > Hun > War
AGI / DODGE : Hun > Pal > Wiz > War
DEX / CRIT : Hun > Wiz > War > Pal
PDEF : War > Pal > Hun > Wiz
MDEF : Wiz > Pal > Hun > War (Not happening now)
HP Regen : War > Pal > Hun > Wiz (Not happening now)
MP Regen : Wiz > Pal > Hun > War (Not happening now)
HP / Lvl : War > Pal > Hun > Wiz (Not happening now)
MP / Lvl : Wiz > Pal > Hun > War (Not happening now)
Walk Speed : Hun > Wiz > Pal > War
Attack Speed : Hun > Pal > War > Wiz (I think it doesn’t happen right now)
Some of these relations are not happening, and we have some sort of things in skills that doesn’t make sense, for example:
See [Wiki] Classes & Stats for actual details but:
- Hunter’s ritual should only apply to your own character not to the party.
- Every banner cast time should be drastically reduced. Rituals and charge are almost casted instantly and speed buff banner takes an eternity.
- Wizard has more damage in their weapons than a warrior, should have the same balance, one PDMG other MDMG
- Hp and mp regen is the same for every class (does not make sense)
- INT dmg from pal should be increased a bit
- HP per STA of pal should be increased a bit
- CRIT per dex should be nerfed a bit in wiz and war and increased in pal
- PDEF per point of hunter should be buffed
- Wizz has more MDEF per point than WAR PDEF per point, should mantain same ratio.
- War MDEF should be nerfed a lot, HUN MDEF should be nerfed a bit.
- MP and HP per lvl does not have the same ratio
- War walk speed should be nerfed a bit
- Dodge chance should be capped to 75% or 50%, 90% is weird.
- Wizz % extra damage from concentration should be nerfed a bit
- Some wizz skills has huge damage modifiers I don’t know if that’s right
- Every class has the samebasic attack speed(at least viewing the code, didn’t test it, but it’s also wrong
And there is more to discuss but I would stop here. If you see my relationships you clearly see that every class would have a meta.
If you want more details here are some numbers, it’s not finished but shows the idea.
STR: War > Hun > Pal > Wiz Wiz: 1 War: 3 Hun: 2.85 Pal: 1 INT: Wiz > Pal > Hun > War Wiz: 3 War: 1 Hun: 1 Pal: 2.75 Buffed from 2.7 STA: War > Pal > Hun > Wiz Wiz: 10 War: 15 Hun: 12 Pal: 13 Buffed from 12 WIS: Wiz > Pal > Hun > War Wiz: 6 Buffed from 5 War: 1 Hun: 3 Pal: 4 AGI: Hun > Pal > Wiz > War Wiz: 0.11 War: 0.10 Hun: 0.16 Pal: 0.13 DEX: Hun > Wiz > War > Pal Wiz: 0.09 Nerfed from 0.10 War: 0.07 Nerfed from 0.08 Hun: 0.12 Pal: 0.06 Buffed from 0.05 PDEF: War > Pal > Hun > Wiz Wiz: 2 War: 3.8 Hun: 2.75 Nerfed from 3 Pal: 3.5 MDEF: Wiz > Pal > Hun > War Wiz: 3.8 Nerfed from 4 War: 2 Nerfed from 2.5 Hun: 2.75 Nerfed from 3 Pal: 3.5 HP Regen: War > Pal > Hun > Wiz Wiz: 0.25 Nerfed from 0.5 War: 0.75 Buffed from 0.5 Hun: 0.50 Pal: 0.70 Buffed from 0.5 MP Regen: Wiz > Pal > Hun > War Wiz: 0.75 Buffed from 0.5 War: 0.25 Nerfed from 0.5 Hun: 0.50 Pal: 0.70 Buffed from 0.5 HP / Lvl: War > Pal > Hun > Wiz Wiz: 3 War: 5 Hun: 3.5 Nerfed from 4 Pal: 4 Buffed from 3.5 MP / Lvl: Wiz > Pal > Hun > War Wiz: 5 Buffed from 3 War: 3 Buffed from 1 Hun: 3.5 Buffed from 2 Pal: 4 Buffed from 3 Walk Speed: Hun > Wiz > Pal > War Wiz: 1.15 War: 1 Nerfed from 1.1 Hun: 1.2 Pal: 1.1
Then you should apply same logic to equipment(def mdef health dmg mp hp etc added from it) and then you should tweak skills and you are almost there (Skills damage modifier should have same ratio as INT/STR modifiers for each class) right now a Wizz has multiplier of 3 while other classes have almost half of that multiplier, also War has super OP buffs super OP defense, hp, and attack, etc.
BTW the idea of having “passive skills” is not bad.
Recipes for a good balance: Participation of the community, lot lof logic, LOT of maths and simulations, and LOT of testing. Doing small iterations as I said, first stats modifiers, later on equipment, later on skills, etc.
We can make a great job here.
Thanks to @kevhemingway and @Ezra , we worked on this together but we aren’t done. Every suggestion and help are good to make a new balance and a better one. I am paladin, kev is hunter and Ezra is wizard(he was a strong warrior) so I think we did a fair balance