Since we have rebirths, training and upgrades there is no way our PVE difficulty can catch up with player’s power. The same applies to the rewards these players get thus making rebirths virtually impossible after a certain point;
To combat this, we want to introduce a difficulty system players can use to make PVE more challenging in exchange for a better reward and on a side we can also get some cool looking badges for those that are above the plain “Normal” difficulty.
The gist is that players can:
- Increase or decrease PVE difficulty (there is a technical catch here, read notes below)
- To move from D1 to D2 (D=difficulty) players need to do something, could be paying a gold fee, craft an item, finish a quest without dying, meet certain stats like 1000 monsters killed, etc. We need your reasonable suggestions here
- Rewards must be increased in quality or quantity for this to be viable, few examples would include more experience per kill (see notes), more chance to drop 3 augment items, more chance to drop already upgraded items, increased chance to drop repeated augments, etc. Again, we need your reasonable suggestions here
- We can display the [D] level of each player with a cool badge beside their nickname/titles
- There is a possibility for another leaderboard (see notes)
As always there are technical issues and limitations we need to take into account
PVE difficulty: Monsters will still be shared and because of this, we cannot increase any monster’s stat that can affect players on other difficulties.
- A perfect example of a stat we can’t scale would be HP, if we give monsters on [D5] 2x more HP, players on lower difficulties will also be affected by this.
- One of the stats we can scale is the monster’s damage; We can hit [D5] players harder without affecting players on [D4] or less.
- Experience on parties is shared, the best way to avoid players on lower difficulties boosting players on higher difficulties is by calculating rewards based on the party’s “[D]” level. We have discussed this and we think the best way to combat this issue is to make the party [D] level scale to the lowest payers difficulty
- In order to rank players, we need to find a way to track the time those are in each [D] level, otherwise, it would be quite exploitable for me to increase my difficulty to [D9000] and then not kill anything but still be #1 on the rankings.
- But… you can add new maps and that’s it! Adding new maps (we are working on it anyways) wouldn’t fix this problem because we can’t just make the progression from level 110 monsters to level 120 that are unkillable by rebirth 0 players
- v1.4 because v1.3 is the rebalance and few other enhancements see: 1.3 - New balance is coming soon! See what's new
TL/DR What we need (for the lazy)
- What can players pay or do in order to increase or decrease their PVE “[D]” (difficulty) level?
- What type of reward or rewards would be ideal for those that play on harder difficulties?
- How many levels of difficulties would you think are the best?